CoAct is a group comprised of creative individuals from the Central New York region, whose purpose is to foster civic/social awareness, open discussion and change through political action and creative projects. At a time of cultural, political and social division, we seek positive engagement with others on regional and national issues.
Our goals include:
- To organize constructive ways in which people can gather and discuss issues affecting the local community and the nation.
- To develop public art projects and support the creative work of others.
- To collect and creatively distribute accurate information about issues.
- To collaborate with other groups and individuals working on progressive issues.
- To mentor students and collaborate with young people.
- To address issues of social and economic justice, peace and reconciliation, the environment and the use of the media and other forms of societal communication.